Puppy Training, Socializing and Adventures Program
WE TAKE THE STRESS OUT OF PUPPY TRAINING BY DOING THE WORK FOR YOU.
The 18, 24, and 30-day packages include:
Over 25 obedience commands
Leash training and social manners
Socializing your puppy by introducing him or her to new play friends
Puppy activities for mental stimulation
6 hours of puppy training, socializing and activities per day
An additional 6 hours of doggy daycare included on training days (early drop off is optional)
Flexible days for attendance, Monday through Friday
BASIC PHILOSOPHY OF TRAINING
Our six-week Puppy Program emphasizes enrichment experiences for enjoying puppyhood in a protected environment. We embrace a safe culture of trust and love. We carefully shape confident behavior and positive enriching experiences. We use praise, affection, positive reinforcement and repetition. The management of calm interactions and structured rest helps puppies to learn with their shorter attention span level. Patience is key. We study the simple foundation behaviors and invest the management time for puppies to learn skills and practice conditioned emotional responses. We do the repetition and practice consistency for you so you can focus on enjoying your puppy.
- Puppy Culture by Jane Killion
- Training the Best Dog Ever by Dawn Sylvia-Stasiewicz and Larry Kay
- Teach Your Dog 100 English Words by Michele Welton
- The Dog Gurus, Knowing Dogs 101 and 201 training materials
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Training for AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- Reduce your time required to train your new puppy by 95%
- Your puppy will acquire confidence so they can experience life without being fearful
- Drop-off training, Mon-Fri, includes all-day daycare if needed
- Leash training, potty training, and social manners
- Puppy activities for mental stimulation
- Weekly progress updates and take-home handouts to keep up learning at home
- Imagine taking your dog out in public, including dog-friendly restaurants, and your dog is well-behaved
- Your puppy will be gently exposed to teeth brushing, nail trimming, and fur brushing to help them accept necessary grooming as adults which leads to better health
- Respectful puppies have more focus and understanding making them more manageable
- Behavioral issues can be prevented with early socialization
- Puppies LOVE playing with other puppies!
AGE AND VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
- Puppies can start the program between ages 9-weeks to 5-months of age
- Vaccination records by a licensed vet for Parvo, Distemper and Bordetella. Must wait 7-days after distemper vaccination is given for puppy’s inoculation
- Rabies due by 4-months of age
- Licensed vet to provide clean bill of health including parasite free stool sample before first attendance
American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB) position statement on puppy socializing believes that, “it should be the standard of care for puppies to receive such socialization before they are fully vaccinated.”
Monday – Friday: Puppy program activities occur between 9 am and 3 pm. Early morning drop off and late pick up optional Mon-Fri 6 am – 6:30 pm.
Flexible days: Because each puppy’s progress log is individual, you choose which days (Mon-Fri) within the six weeks works best for you. Up to 8-weeks completion for the 30-day package.
Saturdays: You are invited to attend up to six optional Saturday visits for instructions with the training facilitator.
We will not hold puppy program classes on holidays.
We offer three comprehensive package options which include Puppy Training, Activities, and Socializing: 18-day, 24-day, and 30-day packages. Each package builds upon the prior package for additional training. Decide which package and level of time are perfect for you and your puppy.
We also offer mini “a la carte” packages that can be purchased separately or used as an add-on to your puppy training package.
If you want your puppy to earn their AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Medal and certificate, then you will need to attend six Saturday one-hour sessions with an evaluator.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Make sure your puppy meets the requirements shown above. Then, come tour our facility and pick up a program curriculum and discuss training objectives. Ready to enroll? Call us at 480-207-1852 to enroll now!
We advocate for the puppy! We know the investment you make today will pay off for the rest of your life with the puppy. And the pleasurable feeling of a bonded relationship with your puppy is one of the greatest feelings you can have.